Name:
Location: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada


Friday, May 23, 2008

Books.

Some people may dispute what the best book ever was, but I have the two best books ever. There is no comparison to the amounts of win that these books contain, and if you have not/wont read these books your life is in grave danger!

Zombie Survival Guide

This book started it, bringing the Zombie menace to a real world, I have never seen such a literal recreation of zombies and it makes it all the more interesting to read. I touches on "if" Zombies existed what they would be like, the physiology, and other works of the zombies mind if you can call it so.

The book touches on basic survival techniques usefull even in the real world and is a frightning look into a post apocaliptic nightmare that is Zombie infestation, a 100% lethal virus killing all but the poor humans infected by it turning them into nothing but machines designed to do one thing...feed.

This book also touches on fictional accounts of zombies in the real world throughout history, from cavemen to egyptians, to modern suburban schoolyards, this book captures my worst fears perfectly for my worst fear are Zombies...

World War Z!

Another book from the same author, this book touches less on the actual Zombie and more on a nightmare scenario where a Zombie outbreak becomes worldwide and humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction. The book paints a frighteningly real picture of what the world would be like if such an event occured...

"Who would ever notice...at the door is a Chinaman with a gun, you sure as hell are not looking for a zombie lurking behind him!"

The world is painted as a bleak start, and continues through the stages of the war.

First is the start, the first story of the first known infected child who appears to have started the outbreak only known as "Patient Z"

Then the book breaks into other parts

The Denial, where the problem is pushed aside by larger problems and is not recognized or blacked out from the media and government, as the problem escelates out of control no one really knows what is happending besides many reports of "African Rabies causing people to go mad and attack anyone in sight" begin to spread...and it's already too late.

The Great Panic where humanity is in total anarchy when discovering such a menance not only exists...but is right outside there door.

One story inparticular seemed to chime with me for some reason, I share no comon traits with the character, nor his origin, or life**** but it just seemed so real...it scared me I wont go into detail because the book just captures you. If you have not read any of these books I highly suggest you do...I don't read often but I've read both these books over 50 times and usually re-read a chapter or two before I sleep.

Why are these book so interesting?

Personally for me Zombie represent the most realistic fictional threat that I have ever known about, it mixes fears of so many things into one, mainly a deadly Virus spreading through direct contact with the host.

Zombies are the most possible of mythical monster to exist, if anything they would be the most probable of all things like Werewolves and Vampires, because usually the basis behind them is real and explainable by science. The undead also have that emotional atachtment to them, they were all once human living and breathing, doing what every other human does...now they are nothing but flesh eating monsters...and as quick as that, you could be one of them endangering your loved one.

It's hard to explain when I'm tired...it's 3:11 in the mornaing, but there is just something about these books that grabs me and pulls me in...Seriously I would love to someday create something in the image of the world Max Brooks created in these books, a Game, Movie, Novel, maybe someday I will bring myself to do such things, but as of now I can only dream someone else will make my dream a reality...nothing would please me more than something like a Sandbox Resident evil.

This is also Why Resident Evil captures me as well, a Zombie Virus just seems so possible that it scares the living hell out of me...and thats why I love it so much!

Please let me know what you think of these books or just the general term of Zombies and what you think the Political and Social reaction of such a outbreak would be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i iz in ur post, commenting! (@_@)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home